Plankton Portal Talk

RUN OUT OF DATA

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

Hi, I've just run out of data:( Could you add some more images please?

Wish you a merry Christmas!

Zuzi

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Hi @yshish , did the site straight-up tell you that there was no data left? Or did it just stop serving data? Just helpful to know. 😃

Thanks!!

Posted

Hi, yes, exactly (I can send you a screen shot). The page tells me that

It appears we've run out of data!

It happens from time to time, since I've classified over 125 thousands of the plankton images already and there's not so many active users. So they can classify but I can not. Chris Snyder always put more data to the pool when I get this NO DATA information and then it works for me again.

Z.

(As other users classify I get a few new images. But it's like 5 images for a day and it depends on what images they classify - whether I've seen them before or not..)

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

I've put through a request to get you some more data!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to DZM's comment.

Great. Thank you.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Hi @yshish ... So, I've talked with Chris, and he's said that with 100,000 subjects already active, he can't really release any more data right now.

It's unfortunate, but it looks like we may have to ask you to work on another project for a bit? 😃

Thanks for all the awesome work you do!!

Posted

Thank you very much. I do understand the problem with adding more images but I don't give up:)

Could you please try to shed more light on this project on the FB/blog? I think that it could attract new users. More users would classify the current 100,000 images faster.. By the way, how many users have to classify one single image? Is there any chance to decrease that number?

Or I have another idea, would it be helpful for the project if I created a new profile and classified from that one?

I have been classifying several other projects, but none of them satisfies me as much as this one. There is one another project I'd love to participate in but it has too many issues:(

Thanks again.

Posted