Plankton Portal Talk

A heads-up about the Zooniverse home page and platform

• DZM by DZM admin

Hey Zooniverse folks,

Just a heads-up that, as of today, the Zooniverse home page has shifted over to a new design that supports our new project platform.

You may notice a few differences; for instance, a username change may be required to access projects on the new platform if you have a space or symbol in your username. The new profile pages also may be missing some elements for a while (a week or more, even), but donโ€™t worry: your stats and classification counts have been preserved, and they are migrating and coming back!

Please note that all current Zooniverse projects and Talks will be unaffected and should continue to operate just as they have. This will not affect this project you are currently on!

The new Talk system is also attached to the new home page, and feedback will be very important in how we may move forward with it. There is also now a central Zooniverse Talk where we hope that people from all projects will be able to mingle and discuss common topicsโ€”like, for instance, all of these changes and updates!

Finally, there is now post from Chris Lintott on the Zooniverse Blog explaining these changes in more detail.

Any questions or feedback, please chime in on the Zooniverse Talk. See you there!

Onwards and upwards,

DZM

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to DZM's comment.

Yay! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• mrniaboc by mrniaboc admin

This was a bit premature from Darren. The site is not ready to switch over yet, but hopefully will be in the next few days. Watch this space!

Posted

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s moderator

oh thanks for the info............hmmm fingers crossed over here. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Updated my first message, as we are now live!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to DZM's comment.

Doesn't work for me.. Shall I clear my browser cache or something like that?

Posted

Not working here!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to elizabeth's comment.

I tried to clear my browser cache and it did help!

What browser do you use? In Firefox you have to go to the Preferences in the browser menu, choose the Advanced / Cached Web Content and click on the Clear now button.

Posted

got a picture do we have to sign in again?

Posted

Ok works, thanks now to try it out.

Posted

• cspivak by cspivak

My old username is still showing (it's my email address so I wish it wouldn't!). Have you picked up username changes from Zooniverse yet? thanks.....
    cspivak (new)
    carolyn.spivak@gmail.com (old)

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Hey Carolyn... do you mean here, on this Talk? I think that we engineered it so that old usernames wouldn't change. Do you want this username to change?

Posted

• cspivak by cspivak

Yes please.....Can I just have carolyn.spivak as username here? Would make me feel less vulnerable ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• cspivak by cspivak

I did try to change it on main zooniverse site, but it never got to here...now I know why ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Is anyone else having problems getting on the new talk?

Posted

No, I haven't. What exact problems have you got? Can I help you somehow?

Posted

Oh just cannot sign in.

Posted

But what is the behaviour? Does it tell you your login is wrong or does it ask you for login again and again without any error note? Or how shall I understand that you cannot sign in? Maybe a screen shot would help. I have no problems with signing in.

Posted

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s moderator in response to yshish's comment.

ok tried again. says log in not right so I push the reset log in thing get no email. so must be operator mistake type thing...............will have my son look in on it tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

OK, I notified Darren about your problems. Hopefully, he'll be able to help somehow.

Cheers, Z.

Posted