Plankton Portal Talk

Urgent Problem

• kirstenr by kirstenr

This morning, I selected the Med data set and started classifying. But the plankton I was seeing reminded me less of the Med than of the California current. Sure enough, when I went to the Talk screen, the data under the image said California, while my classifying screen still said, "Currently observing the Mediterranean. How do I make sure the data gets classified in the correct data set? (It took me awhile to figure this out.) Should I go to my Profile and transcribe all the video IDs and send them to you?

I signed out and signed back in again, and that solved the problem. But I still need to know how to make sure the data got put in the correct data set. Thanks!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to Kirsten A. Rohrbach's comment.

Sarah, one of the developers, has just replied to this issue:

Just to alleviate any concern for bad data, the location info is a
    part of the image's group meta-data and can't be overwritten by what
    is displayed in the interface. Just an initial guess at what may be
    happening is that the issue might be associated with the random sign
    outs that are being reported and subsequently the location that is
    being displayed isn't being updated correctly when a new subject is
    loaded. I'll report back when I find a solution.

Thanks for reporting, Kirsten. Hope it will be solved soon!

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr in response to yshish's comment.

Phew, I was hoping that would be the case! But since I don't really know how any of the data stuff works, I wanted to make sure. Thanks, Sarah and Yshish!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

The same (or very similar) issue happened to me too. I've reported it on GitHub

Posted