Plankton Portal Talk

May 16 new bugs

• kirstenr by kirstenr

1. For some reason, not all the plankter icons are showing up when you click on the plankter to identify it. One of the choices in each row remains an empty gray box. However, when you hover over it, the word ID shows up.

2. When I click on a plankter, the yellow mark is appearing to the side of the plankter instead of on it. Is this a fix to what people above were complaining about (covering the plankter with the opaque icon), or is it an actual problem? Some example images where this happened to me are: APK00093z9, APK0007ap2, APK0008jv2

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to Kirsten A. Rohrbach's comment.

Please, try to clear your browser cache. It should solve the problem with the empty boxes in the category list.

Let me know whether it helps or not.

Thanks!

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr in response to yshish's comment.

I had to look up how to clear my cache---I've never done it! Yes, this worked for the first problem but not the second. Thanks!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to Kirsten A. Rohrbach's comment.

I'm not sure how to understand to that. Could you make a screenshot when it happens please? It would be very helpful! What about the tutorial, does it work for you after clearing the browser cache?

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr in response to yshish's comment.

The tutorial still doesn't work in Firefox after clearing the browser.
    I took a screen shot of a misplaced icon. In this case, I clicked in the center of the hood of the sipho two cups, and the marker appeared just above it. But in most cases when this happens, the marker appears up to 10 cm away from the plankter.

Sorry I'm such a techno-failure, but how do I get the image from my desktop to this space? When I click on the image icon, it asks for a web address. How do I find/create that using my screen shot?

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

Well, you can email the image to me. I'll send you my address by private message. Thank you for the details!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

Here are the screenshots by Kirsten:

1. SCREENSHOT n.1: She clicked on the copepod, and the marker appeared far away.
    2. SCREENSHOT n.2: She clicked on the center of the Twocups hood and the mark appeared above it.
    3. SCREENSHOT n.3: She clicked on the budding Doliolid with no mark (on the right), and the marker appeared above it; while the marker appeared in the correct place for the other doliolid.

I'm going to copy this on the GitHub issue list.

Z.

Posted