Plankton Portal Talk

Anniversary

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

Hi everyone!

Today, September 17th, it's the 2nd anniversary of the awesome Plankton Portal!
    Let's celebrate (by classifying 😃).

Who's going to find a Polychaete worm today?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-B0-ZEsGI588/Ve9CygzJzWI/AAAAAAAAIcs/OFzZBUz4uvs/s640-Ic42/ysh_happy_Bday.jpg

Saying hello from Chicago (going back home in a while).

Zuzi 😃

Posted

• mkmcguir by mkmcguir

yay!!!!

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve

Wow! That's stunning, yshish! #dailyzoo

Congratulations to all here. Here's hoping I can join you more often this year.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to gardenmaeve's comment.

Thank to the Plankton for appearing this way 😄 .. Oh, we'd love to see you here more often!

(I'm sorry but I'm afraid that #Dailyzoo hash tags work for image comments only.)

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

That is so cool Zuzi. Featuring it RIGHT NOW.

Posted

• JoyKidd by JoyKidd moderator

I love this with a big lovey love.

Posted

• jo.irisson by jo.irisson translator, scientist

I somehow missed this last week. This is so great! Thank the radiolarian colonies for giving us such great shapes. What's the "d" though? A shrimp?

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to jo.irisson's comment.

Yep, it is a Shrimp, and the P's are made by a Corncob Sipho 😃

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

I'm overwhelmingly impressed by this, @yshish . 😃

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr

I'm seeing this three months late, but I love the whimsy of the ephyra! I'm glad that alphabet radiolarian file came in handy for something!

Posted

Happy anniversary Plankton Portal 2.0!

A year ago, we announced Plankton Portal 2.0, which featured a more streamlined design, a simpler tagging interface, and most importantly, a whole new dataset. Since then, this new data from the Mediterranean Sea has spurred a lot of interest and plenty of new questions. (...)

In total, as of last Sunday, 368,361 organisms were marked, on 50,519 distinct images. (...)

classifications

Are you curious what are the most abundant organisms in the MED? Would you like to know names of the top 11 classifiers? Are you interested in other results put in graphs? To read the whole blog post click HERE.

Thanks everyone for your contribution. Every single classification is very helpful!

Now, let's all switch for the MED frames to increase the number of classifications! 😄

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH

How time flies - where did a year go to? 😃 I hope you're all heading into the Med for happy days with different (sized? 😉 ) plankton.

I popped a note onto PenguinWatch to note this date (well we are only the second stop up the food chain from you). I hope that some of team PW will come and visit team PP I popped our congratulations for your anniversary here.

GOOD LUCK FOR THE YEAR AHEAD 😄

AvastMH 😃

enter image description here

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to AvastMH's comment.

Haha, what a lovely note! Thanks, @AvastMH 😃 (A brilliant idea!!!!!)

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve

Here I be from PW. 😃

Posted

• jo.irisson by jo.irisson translator, scientist

Thanks for the publicity on Penguin Watch. Yes Penguins are fun (but plankton is ... more fun 😉 )

Posted

Today, it has been 4 years of fun on Plankton Portal!

anniversary pic

Let's keep it fun even longer 😄

Cheers, Z.

Posted