Plankton Portal Talk

Subject: APK00097sw

Subject APK00097sw Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

Another #Twocups #Sipho

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr

Okay, so the ones I think are R-S siphos are showing this view of the hood with a poorly developed siphosome?

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr

So on the young ones, where we are supposed to guess between R-S and Two cups, a certain % are probably being misidentified, because they

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr

all look like R-S. Do they have an algorithm for that? Should we not mark what is clearly a sipho because we don't know which one it is?

Posted

I wouldn't say they're poorly developed, just view form a different angle. Please, try to guess. It isn't a big mistake when you mark it as

Posted

the R-S instead of the Twocups since they're close relatives, both Siphonophores. So if part of the classifiers say it is R-S and the other

Posted

part say it is a Twocups,the scientists know it is one of them. And they may be sure it is a Siphonophore at least. When you don't mark it

Posted

they don't know it's there or what was the reason you didn't mark it. Just try your best guess.R-Ss don't have such a tail.But they can have

Posted

buds on their tentacles.

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr

Thanks. Yes, I'm starting to realize I should look more closely at the location of the buds.

Posted

• jo.irisson by jo.irisson translator, scientist

Definitely mark it as one of the two. The consequence of mistakes is just that the image takes longer to reach a consensus.

Posted

• jo.irisson by jo.irisson translator, scientist

Not marking it would make us miss it completely. That is very much worse!

Posted