Plankton Portal Talk

Subject: APK0008oof

Subject APK0008oof Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• jo.irisson by jo.irisson translator, scientist

Should be make a category for those Arctapodema jellies?

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

I'm afraid that most of the users wouldn't be able to tell them apart from other ones.. But we can definitely use #Arctapodema hash tags!

Posted

Jessica told me those were labelled jellies > 4 tentacles previously. That works for us.

Posted

OK, so no #Arctapodema hash tags necessary? (I've already started a collection 😃

Posted

Yes, yes by all means, continue! But we won't make it a new official category on the site.

Posted

Anyhow, it is likely that all/most jellies > 4 tentacles in the med dataset will be arctapodema so we will use this when exploiting the data

Posted

Well, then it would be great to switch the image example in the classification menu for an Arctapodema guy since the current one looks very

Posted

different and some users may prefer the Solmaris category for these guys. What do you think?

Posted

I agree that the example is very different but this category is very diverse so it is difficult to say which is best.

Posted

People are probably used to the old one by now.

Posted

• glyph250 by glyph250

I just classified this as solmaris. I guess that's wrong? =/

Posted

Yes, sorry to tell so.. But don't worry. Here is a little guide to help you tell them apart! http://bit.ly/1GAG7Yw Hope it will help.

Posted