Plankton Portal Talk

Subject: APK0007nh9

Subject APK0007nh9 Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• suzeroo by suzeroo

1/2 Oh, now that's interesting. This is not the image I just classified, but it is the one that came up when entered PP, then

Posted

• suzeroo by suzeroo

2/2 before I could mark it (above image), it went to a new one with a solmaris pair. I marked them, clicked discuss & this image appeared

Posted

• suzeroo by suzeroo

What is that, by the way 😃

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

It is a #doliolid 😃 But.. could it be caused by the echo issue?

Posted

• jo.irisson by jo.irisson translator, scientist

I've ween that a few times. If you continue noticing it, please start a forum thread so that @DZM can be made aware of it.

Posted

I think that it is a reported bug (just not sure whether we think the same) Check this thread and confirm http://bit.ly/1H8tHkZ

Posted

Looks like it indeed. I would add that I saw it while my internet connection is always very good.

Posted

OK. We need to talk about it more loudly to have this fixed 😃

Posted

The best way is to find steps to reproduce it consistently and then post an issue at https://github.com/zooniverse/plankton/issues/

Posted

• suzeroo by suzeroo

Yshish I checked the thread you mentioned - not the same problem. But in the world of computer tech it could be related.

Posted

• suzeroo by suzeroo

My connection is fast, but this site seems to need increased processing, versus other zooniverse sites. Will report if occurs again!

Posted

• suzeroo by suzeroo

Now I can see why it's a doliolid! Not the usual barrel shape. This one looks like a bag of chips! 😃

Posted

Hm, then comment it in as much details as you can (Are you able to make a video record of your screen? There are some free programs like

Posted

Kazam https://launchpad.net/kazam (not sure how it works out of Linux) .. I'll try to record the behaviour too.

Posted

• suzeroo by suzeroo

All I can do is describe the process for this occurrence, since the solmaris image I wanted to comment was replaced with this one - which

Posted

• suzeroo by suzeroo

I never got to classify. Saw it for a second, then the solmaris image came up and stayed stable for me to classify.

Posted

• suzeroo by suzeroo

I clicked discuss for the solmaris image - but the doliolid image that I never got to classify came up for comment instead.

Posted

So you did see this image at first before it has been replaced by the solmaris one? And have you classified the same Solmaris image (as

Posted

replaced this Doliolid) before,or was it completely new Solmaris image for you?If it was the image you classified before,it could be related

Posted