Plankton Portal Talk

Subject: APK0007i6a

Subject APK0007i6a Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• cspivak by cspivak

#rocketship #sipho #budding just learned that! Looks like Indian Pipes (US fungal wildflower)

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr

They do look like Indian pipes! (but only the rocket ship triangles, not the thimbles).

Posted

• JoyKidd by JoyKidd moderator

Huh. I JUST looked at this in the Recent page, then it came up in the queue for me. This happens a lot. Are batches of pictures released...

Posted

for classification periodically, or are all half million of the Med images equally likely to show up in the classification queue for anyone?

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

The images came "randomly".There aren't all the millions of them at once,but just a portion.. and I don't know what exactly the algorithm

Posted

for 'queuing is.. Maybe @jo.irisson could explain(if it isn't a secret)?:] I'd be really interested in it since I know it isn't completely

Posted

random! (Sorry the sentence doesn't make much sense, I can't make better now..falling asleep)

Posted

Good night. Go to bed.

Posted

OK mum.. (I'm already in!)

Posted

• jo.irisson by jo.irisson translator, scientist

I'm not sure of the details either. That would be a question for zooniverse staff. But I know they don't release the whole batch at once.

Posted

A subset of images are selected, within that batch they are presented randomly.

Posted

When some images are IDed they are taken out and new ones enter the batch. I dont know the size of the batch and the frequency of update

Posted

When some images are IDed they are taken out and new ones enter the batch. I dont know the size of the batch and the frequency of update

Posted

I'm interested in the ratio of those which haven't been classified by anyone yet and those which have been but need some more to get retired

Posted

and whether it depends on what is present in the image.Sometimes I get more rare like Lobates in a row,which doesn't seem to be random to me

Posted