Plankton Portal Talk

Subject: APK00072zy

Subject APK00072zy Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• kirstenr by kirstenr

#shrimp as in, shrimp-like crustacean

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

I think this is actually a #Copepod in a jump position. Yes, we were told they are Shrimps at first and were classifying them so for at least 2 years.

Posted

Here is another one: APK000318r

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr

I think you're right. I used to mark these as copepods (calanoid copepods take this form) until I was told to mark them as shrimp.

Posted

Me too. Some of the scientists told us they are shrimps but then I found an animation showing a copepod jump and there was such a phase.

Posted

I don't know what they want us to mark them but I've started marking them as Copepods since then.I can't find the post with the animation 😦

Posted

Anyway, I am sorry you were misled from a probably correct classification before.

Posted

• suzeroo by suzeroo

So, the tail is at the bottom. Is this an accurate visualization of this one's position (at the end of the animation)?

Posted

• suzeroo by suzeroo

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr

Copepod is offscreen at the end of the animation. Google calanoid copepods and scroll through the images. You'll see some like this and some

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr

2/2 not.

Posted

• suzeroo by suzeroo

Thanks - when I watched it on You tube it didn't go off the screen like that. My first search didn't show any in this position.

Posted

• suzeroo by suzeroo

@yshish, will the field guide be updated for this?

Posted

Not sure about update possibilities. Would have to ask.

Posted