Plankton Portal Talk

Subject: APK0006pe9

Subject APK0006pe9 Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

#beroida

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr

I'm missing something here...

Posted

What exactly? 😃

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr

It looks smooth, and I don't see any hair-like appendages. How do you know it's Beroida?

Posted

I suppose it is the front/back view. They're not always visible, check out the #Beroida images (Search)

Posted

One example of a doubtless #Beroida with no visible hair-like appendages: APK0005grx

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr

I've never used that Search feature except to search for my lost collection. It didn't work to show me images of B. I'll

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr

try again when I get home...on a work computer right now.

Posted

Well, it is quite buggy 😦 but it should find many Beroidae images, at least it works for me, just type 'beroida', no need to tick anything

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr

When I went there from your link, the Beroida was already ticked. It worked when I went there from Search instead. Thanks.

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr

Now my question is, if we're calling this Beroida, why are we calling the things that look like this in the Med mystery salps?

Posted

Yeah, when you click on the hashtag in comment, then it set that word automatically but, unfortunately, sometimes shows 0 finds.

Posted

When you click on the hashtag in the Tags column (the top right section of this page), then the Search does show Berioida images (not sure if all)

Posted

Because the mystery-salp objects in MED don't show the opaque marble only, but a huge transparent nebula around as well 😉 The nebula structure reminds of a Salp body.

Posted

Compare: APK0008r8k || APK00097qp || APK0008k6y || APK0007ecs || APK0008kyx || APK000926z .. with this #Beroida. Can you see the difference?

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr

Yes. 😃 Thanks for the tutorial!

Posted