Plankton Portal Talk

Subject: APK0004oug

Subject APK0004oug Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

#medusa #4tentacles. i wonder why they have sometimes such a wavy tentacles. does it just mean they're in some stage of motion or..?

Posted

• Siiw by Siiw moderator

i got a book about marine life from the library today 😄 it says they look like that when the medusa is retracting them

Posted

wow:) could you tell me the name of the book + name of the authors please? thanks!

Posted

(oh, it could be in your language only!😦

Posted

• Siiw by Siiw moderator

It's in Norwegian, but there is apparently an English verision too: http://www.marinbi.com/dyreliv_i_havet.htm

Posted

thanks. and is it worth reading or better to look for another one?😃

Posted

• Siiw by Siiw moderator

1.it focuses on the sea outside Norway: the north Atlantic and the north sea. I just read in it that corncobs live here too 😄

Posted

• Siiw by Siiw moderator

1. It has nice pictures, descriptions and some trivia, but no real way to find out what an unknown life form is. You need to know the class

Posted

• Siiw by Siiw moderator

again it edits all numbers into 1...

Posted

ok, thanks. my sister wants to buy some for me, but she hasn't found any good yet in my language./ (maybe because we have no sea here?:]

Posted

• rlund by rlund

Makes sense- the motion of the retraction is in generally the opposite direction of the overall motion of the creature, so ripples form

Posted