Plankton Portal Talk

Subject: APK0001zfq

Subject APK0001zfq Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• kirstenr by kirstenr

another bottom view of a rocket ship sipho
    unless it's a two cups

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

I've started to think whether these can't be Doliolids 😕 But we've been always marked them as R-Ss! We should focus on that.........

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr

Yes, tough call...the doliolids have that internal white structure too. There aren't many doliolids in the CAL, but we don't see many like

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr

this either, so we can't use relative abundance as a clue.

Posted

There aren't so many Thimble R-Ss in the MED and there aren't so many Doliolids in the CAL. This is what has brought me to this idea.

Posted

We see them more often in MED,don't you think?It wants more time to solve this out.Have to go sleep.Enjoy the marking 😃 See you tomorrow

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr

I've only seen one other one like this, but it turns out we had this discussion before: Image APK0007v8w That one was

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr

from the Med, this one is from the Cal. We see doliolids more often in the Med, but two isn't a very large sample size. Do you have any

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr

in your collections?

Posted

I don't think I was collecting them but remember their increased number after releasing the MED data set. Since I wasn't able to switch back

Posted

to CAL for a very long time (bugs), I'm pretty sure they were from MED. So let's start pointing out every one we find never mind even such

Posted

with older comments displayed. And hashtag them with #frontview #mystery

Posted