Plankton Portal Talk

Subject: APK0000r2w

Subject APK0000r2w Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• Quia by Quia

A strange #larvacean #house with the 1+2 tentacles, with a great view of the structure of the house and occupant.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

It is a very common species of the Oikopleuridae f. Here is another one with those trails: APK0006kvt .I haven't been able to figure out

Posted

what is the purpose of these trails but they're not present at houses of the other families.

Posted

• Quia by Quia

Thanks for the extra info! I have noticed the different head types on the larvaceans and different styles of houses, these ones seem rarer.

Posted

I sent some questions to one of the scientist and asked about the trails too. There's a chance he would be able to tell us more, at least

Posted

what to look for 😃

Posted

• bgrassian by bgrassian scientist

those trails are part of the house/ trailing ends of the vacuum cleaner ( : Really great capture of the larvacean/undersea pump

Posted

Hm, yes. That's not a new information for us:) We were just curious about their purpose. What are they good for? Are they collecting food?

Posted

Or helpful for the movement?Or is it something else?Is it an unsolved mystery for the marine science?😄 That's what my question was about 😉

Posted

Still unknown, still fascinating 😃

Posted