Plankton Portal Talk

Object ID hints

• crcouch by crcouch

The pop-up helps for identifying species by shape often obscure the organism. Any way to move it aside for easier visual comparison?

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to crcouch's comment.

As long as the pop-up window is opened, you can move the mark over the frame as you need to. So you can click somewhere else and after finding the correct category just drag the mark to the centre of the organism and then click on the category.

Do you find it helpful?

Posted

• technogourmet by technogourmet

Well, I found that helpful.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to technogourmet's comment.

Glad to hear that! 😃

Posted

• WEBs_in_space by WEBs_in_space in response to yshish's comment.

I too have problems with the pop-ups covering the subject. When it is a central object, it is always hit or miss on which side of the object the pop-up appears. The idea you can move the marker does not work for me either, so once I find the category I want, I have to delete the selection and then click back on the object.
    Also, the fact you can open multiple pop-ups (when you click in error) is annoying too!

RAmen
    ME

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to WEBs in space's comment.

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. May I ask you what kind of device are you working on? It should be possible anywhere, even on touch ones to move marks after placing them (before the pop-up closes, then you have to click on the mark, to open it again, to be able to move it).

As for the pop-up appearing once on the left/once on the right, I know what you mean. I somehow got used to it already, and click after it appears. But it was a bit annoying in the beginning.

Thanks for your big help tonight! 😃

Cheers,
    Zuzi

Posted

• WEBs_in_space by WEBs_in_space

Using FF 42.0.2 and today is a good day as I just tried it and the mark moves as it should! I hate my laptop (it is so cluttered up) that I blame it for a lot of my frustrations...
    But moving the mark is now another tool I have!
    Thx

RAmen,
    ME

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

You're welcome. I'm so happy to hear it works!! 😃

Posted