Plankton Portal Talk

Tutorial bug..

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

I was finally able to repeat the issue which has appeared a few times in the past but I didn't know why..

I restarted the Tutorial by a mistake during the classification and finished it just by clicking on the 'next' until the Tutorial ended. Then I received the same image to classify as I haven't finished before restarting the Tutorial.. It displayed a cross from yellow axis in the same place where the Solmaris appears in the Tutorial - possibly because I didn't attempt to draw the axis and it tried to correct me?

Here is a screenshot to make my words understandable.

Zuzi

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Did the cross go away as you moved forward? It didn't stick around forever, did it?

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to DZM's comment.

I tried it once again for you and have figured out more!

When I didn't marked anything before clicking on the 'Restart tutorial' button, the cross didn't appear as I came back on the photo after I finished the Tutorial, but(!) as soon as I marked something there, the cross appeared (on the same place as in my previous screenshot) and when I finished the classification and new images came, the cross was still there.

Posted

And it appears with every new image on the same place..

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Hm. This may be a bug, but I'm not sure if it's a fatal one, or one that we can quite devote time to repairing.

I can put through a ticket, but I can't promise if anyone will be able to repair it. It's a fairly uncommon issue, and one that you can fix by refreshing the site, I assume?

Let me know if this is more serious than I'm seeing. Thanks!!

Posted

It definitely is a bug. It shouldn't display there. But definitely not as serious as disappearing posts from discussion threads or images disappearing from collections after renaming them..

Refreshing the page helps. It just can't be done before finishing the classification.

So yes, I agree that fixing this little problem can wait until the developers have fixed all the serious ones!

Posted