Plankton Portal Talk

How's it going everyone?

• arfon by arfon

It's really great to see Plankton Portal live! We're super-excited to find out what you all think. I'd love to hear why you're here, where you heard about the project and your favourite plankter so far.

Posted

• Irukandji37 by Irukandji37

I got an email from Zooniverse and jumped on because I enjoy looking at and learning about sea creatures. Especially, obviously, tiny jellyfish! I've been on the past couple hours, finding it both exciting to discover new individuals and relaxing to search through images from the deep.

Posted

• SandersClan by SandersClan

I could probably get a little addicted to this project. I also got an email and hopped on board. These are like potato chips-you can't classify just one!

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

Hi and here here SandersClan , Hi arfon , addicted sums it up but legally lol ,I recieved an E mail and jumped to ,about a few hours ago , love it but have everything to learn ,all new except where I saw videos and short films . And no bugs , except plankton , I am running Windows 7 Premium and Firefox 23.0.1 . Cheers , Ian shocko61

Posted

• localwormguy by localwormguy

saw this on facebook, very fun so far!

Posted

• Lounalune by Lounalune

I found the zooniverse page through an article in a German newspaper, and got an email on that new project. I did a project where I ID'ed plankton back in high school, though except for the shrimps, I ran into quite a different crowd back then. I did end up studying something completely different, but the fascination never quite disappeared. Though I have to say, it is a lot more comfortable doing this in front of a computer than hunched over a microscope at five in the morning, hurrying to count the shrimps before they all get eaten by the isopods. (I believe it was the isopods. It was ten years ago.) Did you know that half eaten shrimps keep on swimming? I couldn't eat shrimps for months.

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

Hi arfon , as of this morning 20/9/13 I am now running Firefox 23.0.10.4974 . No problems . Ian shocko61

Posted

• jeanettegirosky by jeanettegirosky

I came across this on twitter....I study phytoplankton in Lake Erie and I am SO EXCITED to come across this project! This is fun, and now I don't feel quite so alone in the world ha ha! Not like I get to meet many people with similar interests in Erie, PA of all places! We've been having HAB issues as everyone knows, so a lot of my time is spent with cyanos....but this portal allows me to play with oceanic plankton. THANK YOU!!

Posted

• Siiw by Siiw moderator

Yay! This is one of my favourite sites as well. It is so relaxing to "dive into the sea" after a long and hard day at work"

Posted