Plankton Portal Talk

Getting Cal images in Med classification screen

• suzeroo by suzeroo

Ok, this is weird... Much earlier today I've classified in both the Cal and Med data sets. A few minutes ago I was in the Med set, and saw a small solmaris - unusual for the Med set, so I clicked on discuss. The correct image showed up, but the label is the Cal set, and @yshish had commented on that image 2 years ago. Then a few minutes later it happened again - I'm in the Med set and get another small solmaris, and when I clicked on discuss - the correct image showed up, but labeled as from the Cal set. The first image is APK00074sd . The second one is image APK0006x7q .

The other thing that happened today is that when I'm in the Med set, and click on discuss, make my comment, then click on return to classifying - it took me to the Cal set.

At least I've been able to classify and haven't yet gotten an out of data message!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to suzeroo's comment.

Ah, something like that was happening to me in the summer. I'll find that issue on GitHub and ask them to look at it.

Thanks for letting us know. May I ask you for more details? What browser and OS are you using when this happens? http://www.whatbrowseramiusing.co/

Posted

• suzeroo by suzeroo

Nice link!
    I use 3-4 different computers; 3 are at work, 1 is my own laptop. All are PC's, all use Chrome. The work computers use Windows 7, my laptop has Windows 10. The problems I've reported occur on all of these computers.

Posted

OK, the last sentence is the most important. So the problem doesn't seem to be related to any specific browser version or OS. Thanks. I'll share that with the developers on GitHub: https://github.com/zooniverse/plankton/issues/74#issuecomment-189830836

Posted

• suzeroo by suzeroo

Problem seems to be resolved... so far!

Posted

Oh, really?? 😃 Awesome! Hope it isn't just a temporary illusion.

Posted