Plankton Portal Talk

Help! I lost my collection!

• kirstenr by kirstenr

I started a new collection to separate my sipho corn cob images from my sipho two cups images. I opened all the images in my old combined collection that were corn cobs (double-clicking took me to the Talk screen). I then "collected" the corn cob image a second time under the name of the new collection. I then deleted the corn cob images from the old combined collection and saved the changes. When I went to my profile, the corn cob sipho collection I had just made had 0 images! I may have edited the name of the collection, but at the end of the process, not during it. Is there any way to recover the lost images? They are probably in my browser cache, but I don't know how to access it! Thanks, Kirsten

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to Kirsten A. Rohrbach's comment.

I'm sorry to hear that. I've found the ID numbers of three of your empty collections, sending them to the Zoo guys and we'll see what they can do about it. I can't promise you a quick solution/reply, but I believe they'll try their best to help you!

Z.

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr

Thanks, yshish. I don't think the empty collections have the corn cob images. Those were from old collections whose contents I redistributed and completely removed the old collection. In this case, I kept the old collection (sipho corn cobs and two cups) and just changed its name to two cups siphonophores.

I could see the new collection I started, "corn cob siphos" in the list as I was re-collecting the images from the "Talk" screen. However, when I was done collecting the images and went to my profile to view the collection, there were 0 images!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to Kirsten A. Rohrbach's comment.

Oh, I'm so sorry I was a bit lost in your description what happened and I misunderstood it....

So, you're able to enter the new, Corncob, collection but it appears empty, however you collected all the Corncobs from the old collection there. Is it this collection? http://talk.planktonportal.org/#/collections/CPKS0000nr

Z.

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr

Yes, it is. It now has one new image that I added from JoyKidd's ID tonight.

Posted

• suzeroo by suzeroo

Today I was doing the same that kirstenr was doing; I was separating my rocketships collection into thimbles and triangles. I went through maybe 60 images in the rocketship collection, re-saved each in the new collection (thimbles or triangles), then deleted those from the rocketship collection. I did that in 20 image batches. Things were going fine, then suddenly all those images were gone from the thimble collection. I've done more work after that, but some of those that disappeared were some pretty cool images. Any chance that they can be found? To clarify: Today (12/26/15) I intentionally deleted images from "Rocketships" but they disappeared from their new home "Rocketship Thimble".

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to suzeroo's comment.

Oh my! 😦 I am extremely sorry to hear that. Not sure someone can help, especially during these days, but will ask for it at least. Please, keep it as it is at this moment and wait. I'll ask someone to look at it. Will let you know as soon as I get a reply.

Cheers, Zuzi

Posted

• suzeroo by suzeroo

Thanks - I realize they may not be able to recover them. Will stop work on those three collections (other than adding an occasional image?)
    /Sue

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

I asked Darren for a help. I guess he's not available on email during the holidays. Please, be patient.

Posted

• suzeroo by suzeroo

Totally understandable. I think in the grand scheme of Zooniverse tech things, this issue lower priority anyway... Thanks for advocating for me!
    /Sue

Posted