Plankton Portal Talk

Technical Help on Collections

• kirstenr by kirstenr

I would like to get my collections (started somewhat haphazardly a couple of years ago) in order.

1. Is there any way to merge two existing collections?
    2. How can we "rename" our collections? For example, I have been putting both rocket ship thimbles and rocket ship triangles in a "Thimbles" collection. I know the difference, but I realize now that others might look in my collections for reference; and that can be confusing if they are not labeled correctly.
    3. Is there any way to move an object from one collection to another? Or to put it in more than one collection after you have already collected it? (It's possible from the Talk page, I believe, but I mean after that.) Thanks!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to Kirsten A. Rohrbach's comment.

Hi,

1. I haven't found any way how to merge two collections together.
    2. Go to the collection and click on the 'Edit' button - then you can rewrite the collection name and the inscription
    3. Go to the object you want to move, click on the 'Collect' button and choose the collection you want to move it in. Then go back to the first collection and use the 'Edit'. You'll have to scroll down all the images and find the one you want to remove. When you find the image there, click on the cross and scroll to the bottom of the page and confirm removing by clicking on the 'Save changes' button.

It's quite complicated 😦 but there's no other option at this moment. Hopefully the new Talk will be available soon (and will be much better than the current one).

Z.

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr in response to yshish's comment.

Thanks. We had already talked about #1, but I realized I had other questions, so decided to post in Technical Help. With answers to 2 & 3, I may not need 1. 😃

Posted