Plankton Portal Talk

New image shows up when I click Discuss

• suzeroo by suzeroo

I reported this problem recently; see conversation with Image APK0007nh9.
    It's coincidence that in this case and the case below, it involved an image of a solmaris!

The problem just happened again. Here's what happened, step by step:

1. I classified an image of a very nice solmaris.
    2. I want to make a comment, so I click on "Discuss"
    3. The screen moves to the Discussion page, as it should, but the image to comment on is new image of a fuzzy larvaceanhouse - I've never seen this image before.
    4. I checked my "Recents" and the image of the solmaris I classified is NOT there.
    5. The new image of the fuzzy larvaceanhouse IS in my Recents - but it was not an image I've ever classified.
      If it helps, this is the image I didn't classify (Image APK00095dj), but showed up when I wanted to comment on an image of a solmaris:
      I'd give you the link for the lovely solmaris, but I can't find it anywhere!

I'm using Chrome, on a laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium.
    Thanks!

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr in response to suzeroo's comment.

This is just a thought, but this has happened to me before when I didn't notice I had two Talk tabs open. If it happens again, see if there is another Talk tag open at the top of your computer and click on it. It may contain the image you just classified.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to Kirsten A. Rohrbach's comment.

Well, I've just had a similar problem. But it was probably the Echo one. I finished an empty image. The new image has loaded but seemed to look the same as the previous one. For a microsecond another image with a radiolarian colony suddenly flashed and the empty one appeared back. Then I was waiting a couple of minutes but the image wasn't about to change for the radiolarian one at all. So I finished the classification and clicked on the discuss button. I wasn't very surprised when the Radiolarian colony image appeared instead of the empty one. So I started recording the screen and came back to the classification and forward to the Talk and back again to show, how weird it is!

I'm going to upload the record.... It will take me about an hour 😕

Posted

• kirstenr by kirstenr in response to yshish's comment.

This hasn't happened to me yet with the new image flashing on the Classify screen first before appearing on the Talk page. I hope it doesn't happen! Thanks for doing such a good job of documenting it. I should have taken screen shots when I wrote up my Med/Calif. problem earlier.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to yshish's comment.

HERE is the video record of the behaviour I described above..

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin in response to yshish's comment.

Can you please put this in GitHub if you haven't yet?

Thank you so much!!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to DZM's comment.

Yes, I'm sorry I haven't put it there yet.. I've just been too busy with my work. Give me a minute please..

E: done!

Posted