Plankton Portal Talk

Not working in Opera anymore

• Siiw by Siiw moderator

For the last two days, the classification page hasn't worked in Opera. It is stuck on the grey "loading" animation, and the sign in button doesn't work. It works in Chrome, but it is slow, and the "frame" around each image flash when I move the mouse. Has something changed? My Opera is the latest version, and I have tried restarting the browser and clearing my cache. The discussion page and everything else works fine.

Posted

• bumishness by bumishness admin

Are you able to login on the site from the homepage?

Posted

• Siiw by Siiw moderator

Yes, that worked! Thank you! How strange, i was sure it didn't work that way yesterday...

Posted

Excellent! I'm honestly surprised that did work, but might as well try the easy solutions first, you know?

Posted

• Siiw by Siiw moderator

Actually, I still get the bug as long as I try to ender the classify page from the discuss page. I need to go via the main profile page every time. I really wonder what is causing this now.

Posted

Ok, step two!

Open up menu item: Page -> Developer Tools -> Opera Dragonfly
    Click "Console" amongst all the tabs.

Copy anything you see if there, to here!

Posted

• Siiw by Siiw moderator

Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) Presto/2.12.388 Version/12.16 (Core 2.12.388)

Posted

That's fine and Opera should work OK. I've never tried the site in Opera though.

Nothing dramatic has changed on the site for awhile so I don't have an obvious cause to point to that would cause this behavior.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

@bumishness i have problem loading images in the classification page (firefox, XP) now, sending you email with the web console details (but they are in czech.( .. i will try it on my own comp when i get home

Posted

it works from ubuntu, but the loading takes more time than usually.

Posted

• Siiw by Siiw moderator

it works from the netbook, (windows 7 starter/chrome) but it is extremely slow, and some images fail to load completely. It also logs me out randomly. The ubuntu laptop has a broken keyboard, so I can't test on that. (can't get past the startup login)

Posted

• Siiw by Siiw moderator

I can still not get in, unless I go through the profile page and log in again. Every time I visit the discuss page, close the browser tab, or go away from the classification window in any other way, it logs me out and refuses to load. I can get in through the profile page and that will let me classify for a short time, but I can't add a comment or the problem is back. Loading time on the discuss page is also several times longer than it was before this bug appeared.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to Siiw's comment.

I've just told the admin about, hope he'll be able to fix it soon. (I had problems loading the classification page on Friday from Win XP, it didn't work at all. Now i'm on Ubuntu, but I'll check it out tomorrow.)

Posted

the classification is working in XP again!

Posted

• bumishness by bumishness admin in response to Siiw's comment.

Siiw,

Do you allow third-party cookies on your Windows computer? If not, that might be the cause.

I'm more than a bit worried that the site is randomly breaking at times. I don't make changes that terribly often (you can follow along here if you'd like) so it shouldn't be working for you one day and not the next.

Posted

• Siiw by Siiw moderator

Actually, I did. I have changed that setting now, and it works! It could actually have worked yesterday, it was down for maintenance when I had to run to work. Thank you so much! 😄

Posted