Plankton Portal Talk

Recent bug

• Siiw by Siiw moderator

As of today, the images in the menus are off. The images for the main entries (round, head with tail etc.) are correct, but the "pop-up" images on the individual species are wrong. For example, when I want to tag a larvacean, the image of "Cestida" pops up. The correct larvacean image is under "Shrimp".

There was also a portrait of a woman between the plankton images. I didn't tag it.

(edit) The images are in fact wrong all over the site. http://www.planktonportal.org/#/science/field-guide has the wrong images for several species, and the logos on the "Team" site are also wrong.

Posted

• bumishness by bumishness admin

Could you post some screenshots of this behavior? Guide, team, and tutorial look OK from the few machines I've tested them on here.

Posted

• Siiw by Siiw moderator

This is really odd. It has returned to normal while I was at work. It looked weird in both Opera and Chrome on my desktop, but normal again from work. Clearing my cache and reloading didn't work, but it is mysteriously back to normal now. Thank you!

Posted

• bumishness by bumishness admin

Anytime!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

Here are some bugs which deserve your attention:

1. After scrolling down the Classification page, when the top part of the image is out of the screen, it jumps itself at the moment when I click to classify a plankter so the mark gets placed on a wrong place. It doesn't happen when the image is too low (=you don't see the bottom part). I guess It cannot be reproduced on big screens:) My laptop screen is so small that I have to scroll down under the top menu to see the whole image. I don't mind to scroll down, I just don't like that it jumps back to fit the screen at the moment I click in it. If I could move the mark after placing, it won't be so annoying as it is now 😃

2. The (already several times reported) Echo bug with loading the old (=the one classified just before) image again instead of the new one and then replacing it with the new one even after marking some species (it can take a minute or even longer of waiting and it doesn't seem to be caused by too slow internet connection). Here is the thread explaining the details.

3. When you come back to the Classification page from the Talk, the Tutorial always starts again.

Posted

• jo.irisson by jo.irisson translator, scientist

Please report 1 as a bug on https://github.com/zooniverse/plankton/issues

2 needs to be tracked down more.

3 is already there.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to jo.irisson's comment.

1] Done.

Posted

Not sure about this but it bothers me. I marked a larval fish, it was my last image yesterday and I forgot to collect it or even click to discuss. So I went to my RECENTS but the image wasn't displayed on the last page (= page number 1). None of those 12 images - which I can tell even without opening them. And the last one displaying there was even the one I classified just before. It seemed like none of the images from the last session wasn't recorded there.

Several times in the previous year, I noticed that the images are not collected in my Recents but they displayed there later. I waited a couple of days and then all of them were there. I thought it is the same case at first. But this morning, I came and tried to classify one image and checked the Recents. The one from this morning did appear there, but the fish one (neither the others from the same session) wasn't.

Not a big deal. I can live without the tiny fish.. But I care whether it really record the classification.

Can you somehow check, what are the last 12 images I classified which have been recorded?

(Hope this is understandable)

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to yshish's comment.

This is the last image which displays among my yesterday classifcations: APK00091pm ; This is the one I classified as the first one today: APK00093wk But there should be some others between them, like the one with a fish. Not sure whether you're able to figure out whether they were recorded or not. But I would like to continue classifying..

Posted

Well, I think I got it!!

It seems that after switching the location from the Med to the Cal, or the other way (I tried both), the first image doesn't appear among the Recents! The question is, whether the classifications of such images are recorded or not. Can someone try that and confirm, whether it behaves the same way as for me please?

E: Hm, I tried to repeat it again but it works again 😕 so maybe it isn't caused by switching the locations.. anyway, I don't believe it is random.

Posted

Another bug:

• After finishing the classification, I'm still able to place marks in the image and choose from the categories! Like here (and most probably at three previous images too): APK0003fvm ..Here is a screenshot* with the category-list and marks I placed (all of them) after clicking on the FINISH button. It must have happened by a mistake - I must have double-clicked on the NEXT button so the classification ended before marking anything, then I placed the marks and wanted to hit the FINISH but there were only the DISCUSS and the NEXT buttons present!

I think this shouldn't have been possible..

*Sorry it's not in English

Posted

Hm, so strange. I wanted to repeat it but it's impossible to place marks after finishing any more.. Perhaps just a glitch? Can anyone else place mark after finishing?

Posted

OK! I repeated the behaviour and made a video record !! The file is too big (1,8 GB) so I have to make it smaller to be able to upload it somewher..

Posted

Well, here is a VIDEO RECORD of the behaviour:

I came to the Classification page, switched the location for the Mediterranean and an image with Rocket-ship had loaded. Then I started recording the video..

1. I chose the R-S category and clicked on the Finish button. You can see that as the image was scrolling up, the same image with R-S flashed just below! before the new image appeared. This is the bug we nicknamed 'Echo' (has been reported more than a year ago). Sometimes it takes much longer than flashing.. I remember waiting a couple of minutes unless it disappeared to be able to classify the correct image.

2. But you can notice that as I went down to click on the Finish button (translated as Ukončit in the translated video) there were wrong buttons instead! The left one, Diskutovat, is the Discuss button, the right one, Další, means the Next button in the video. So the classification was already finished but it let me classify... I haven't notice the buttons are wrong and automatically clicked twice (like Finish and Next) and then I was, again, able to classify however the 'Finish' button has been already used.

Hope it is clear.

The cursor displays as a black square, not sure why. It's just on the video (no bug on your side 😃).

Posted

My posts don't display! Like the last five of them. Going to see whether this one will appear or not. So weird!

Posted

I can see them now 😃

Posted