Plankton Portal Talk

May we have a button for unidentifiables?

• SandersClan by SandersClan

It seems like this might be a good way to indicate that we see something we're pretty sure you scientist folk would like to see, rather than always tagging it for Recent. 😃

Posted

• charcinders by charcinders

Good idea.

One slight niggle with the interface is that if you see something interesting you can't see whether there's already been a discussion about it until after you have clicked Finish, and once you have clicked Finish there's no going back to the object to classify it. I suppose you could open up a new window and search for the image name in the discussions, I just thought of that.

But anyway, a "something here has already been discussed" flag might be a nice addition.

Edit: You can't search for the image name because it is not visible when you are classifying.

Posted

• cguigand by cguigand scientist, admin

I will ask the interface developers. I am not sure it would be to change at this point I will see what they say. I think it a good practice to look at the recent discussions by opening a new window before you are finalizing a questionable image. I would rather that you guys miss an classification can trying to guess if it is too far fetched. As you may have notice even the science team has some problems with some the IDs.This are raw ocean slices and not all of them are perfect;)
    Cheers
    c

Posted

• SandersClan by SandersClan

Thanks!

Posted