Plankton Portal Talk

Clarity

• cbrown004 by cbrown004

I wish you could zoom in on things. I also wish the length and width arrows disappeared or became transparent so you could better see the organism you are trying to classify. Are either of these possible and I am just missing it?

Posted

• SandersClan by SandersClan

A suggestion: would it be possible to have a feature in the field guide that would allow us to hover over the sample images and see a Point A through Point D diagram for marking? I'm not always sure which direction is the head, etc. Thanks!

Posted

• jessicaluo by jessicaluo scientist, admin in response to SandersClan's comment.

That's a good idea, thanks for the suggestion!

Posted

• jessicaluo by jessicaluo scientist, admin in response to cbrown004's comment.

Don't worry if it's too small such that you would need to zoom in to classify it. the images that you see are already zoomed in from the originals, so we didn't think it was necessary to zoom in any further than that. if you're really stuck on an image, post a comment on the board and we'll help you sort it out. Through our beta testing, we found that volunteers are really good at sorting through even ambiguous images. With multiple people looking at an image, you guys are more often correct than not!

Posted

• SandersClan by SandersClan in response to jessicaluo's comment.

That might have satisfied my allotment of good ideas for the next few weeks. 😛

Posted